Why the Conflict in Ukraine is Centuries OldApril 30, 2023
The origine of Slava Ukraini, heroyam slava!May 9, 2023
Luke Harding, a bestselling author and foreign correspondent for The Guardian, presented key points from his latest book “Invasion: Russia’s Bloody War and Ukraine’s Fight for Survival” at Ukraine House in Denmark. Among the points highlighted were the following:
- If Ukraine were to fall, Putin would reshape the international order, leading to a world where powerful countries can dominate weaker ones.
- The war Russia has waged in Ukraine is akin to genocide.
- Putin’s ultimate goal is not just to occupy Ukraine, but to de-Ukrainianize it.
- The situation in Ukraine is essentially a form of Russian fascism.
- Russia underestimated the resolve of every Ukrainian to resist its aggression, not just the military and Zelenskiy.
- International brands should not operate in Russia, as it is currently a hellish place akin to Dante’s inferno.
- Putin’s lack of consideration for the agency and wishes of Ukrainians is striking.
- Putin’s miscalculation of Ukrainian national will was a serious failure, especially for someone who sees himself as an excellent intelligence professional.
- The invasion’s consequences would transform international relations; numerous countries abandoned their neutrality or long-held positions due to solidarity with Ukraine.
- The war has clarified everything, with Putin and Russia as the enemy and the struggle for survival and sovereignty of Ukraine.
- The conflict has a clear good-versus-evil dynamic.
To learn more, follow and visit Ukraine House.